Our Silver Award: Promoting Peace & Kindness

Our mission is to teach children to promote peace and kindness in their everyday lives.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Activity: I Statements

An idea used both in the aMAZE journey and the Cooper and Me Theme Guides, the "I" statements. When someone makes you feel good or bad, you could use an I statement to tell them that. An I statement is basically a fill in the blank:

I feel ___________
when you _______________
because _____________

My example is: I feel great when you stand up for me because you are a great friend. But you can stand up for yourself or a friend by saying something like: I feel mad when you take my pen without asking because it is rude, or, I feel angry when you call Wendy names because it is mean. Try a few yourself and post some you really like!

No comments:

Post a Comment