Our Silver Award: Promoting Peace & Kindness

Our mission is to teach children to promote peace and kindness in their everyday lives.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Activity: Peace Writing Promts

I know writing promts aren't the most exciting activities, but it will have to do. You can comment your piece(s) to this post so that people can see it (if you want to share it).

1) Do you have any personal experiences in which someone said something mean to you and you told them to stop? Or have you stood up to someone for a friend? Describe your experience.

2) Is there any other word you would describe peace as? Explain your answer.

3) Anylyze the word peace. What does it mean? What does it mean to you? Use your own words to describe the word peace.

I will comment my responses soon. But it may take a while, and remember I am not correct. All of these promts have no answer. They all lead into narrative pieces. When you write, just be yourself and don't be afraid to digress. The sky is not the limit. Go into the universe with your writing. Have fun. :) This won't be graded and is totally optional.

~Alison

1 comment:

  1. 2) I couldn't describe peace as any other word. To me, it means that someone is happy with who they are. In a peaceful world, nobody would be mean, have hurt feelings, and would be willing to speak for themselves. You could call peace a combination of smiles and a positive attitude. To be peaceful yourself, do what you love. Whether it is climbing a tree or doing jumping jacks, do what you love and you will be at peace. I feel peaceful when I draw. I always carry and eraser with me to fix something if I should decide to draw. Every piece may not be perfect, but each piece creates peace. Peace is doing what you love.
    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete